February 07, 2011

Nakedness....

the leather for my Pounamu {greenstone} broke last night :(  I need to replace it ASAP as I feel soooo naked without it... but I also don't feel whole anymore without it either... I wore it in my pocket all day today, just so it was close to me at all times... but I feel like I may loose it if I keep that up...

My Pounamu is extremely precious to me... you see, my dad died 4 years ago, and he gave me my Pounamu many years ago... he found a real greenstone on a beach in the South Island about 10yrs ago, and he asked the local elders if he could keep it, had it blessed, then had it carved into necklaces for me, my brother, my half sister and Paris, then had each necklace individually blessed again...

I lost my Pounamu a 4 1/2 yrs ago - I took it off for a night out when I wanted to wear a different necklace, popped it on my dressing table and never saw it again... untill the day my dad died... that morning I woke up as usual, and while hunting through my t-shirt draw to find something to wear, I found my Pounamu... I was soooo happy, I put it on instantly... 3 hrs later, I received the phone that no daughter ever wants to recieve.. my dad had suffered a fatal Cardiac Arrest...

Anyway - long story short, I NEED to be wearing my Pounamu before I go into labour... I have to have my dad with me during my labour and delivery...

No comments: