April 15, 2010

Cupcakes: Part 1 - The baking

Well I promised my sister I would make cupcakes for my niece's 3rd birthday this weekend. No biggie... I love baking and decorating cakes and cupcakes :) So I bought these really cute cupcake cases and decorating picks...

they were only $6.50 each and there are 24 cases in a pack :) bargin me thinks... I bought 2 packs thinking 48 cupcakes would be perfect...

My sister informs me over the weekend just been that there are in fact 60 people coming to the party!! Oh well... I'll make the 48 cool ones and any others I make will be plain as... lol...

So I found this nice and easy looking recipie in this weeks copy of Lucky Break which I have very kindly given typed out for you all... Julie's No-Fail Butter Cupcakes recipe can be found here.


hehe my "cut out" recipe

so off I went and gathered all the ingredients... {which by the way, there aren't too many of}


and started mixing... wow was it quick... it took all 5 mins to get to this stage:


into the oven for 20mins and there you go:


It really was that simple... I have made 2 batches tonight, and tomorrow will make another 3-4 batches. Saturday will be the decorating :)

2 comments:

Renee said...

60 people to the party???!!! That is huge!!! For a 3 year old!!!

And my other point....where do you find the time to parent three children, work five days a week and make and decorate 60 cup cakes? You are amazing!!

Leesh said...

I know!!! my sister invites all the family too... doesn't like anyone to miss out... sheesh.. I can't be bothered with that... I invite about 30 people max lol...

and time...? well... hmmm... I don't know where I find the time... just do lol...

84 cup cakes have now been made...