May 09, 2010

Mothers Day 2010

All I wanted for Mothers Day this year was a full nights sleep AND a sleep in... doesn't seem like much to some, but if you read about our sleep issues you will fully understand...

rewind to last night...

Of to the SIL's for dinner with her and BIL and the PIL's eeeekkkkk that was not my idea of fun...but anyway, on with the story... Cam fell asleep in the car at about 4pm while we were out shopping for a Mothers Day gift for my mum and he woke again when we arrived at SIL's at 6.30pm... We stayed for dinner and dessert and before we knew it, it was 10pm and time to leave.  So we popped Cammy into his night time nappy, PJ's and merino sleeping bag, and hit the road... we gave him a bottle in the car, and he went straight to sleep...

We arrived home at 10.30pm, and I successfully transferred Cam from the car to his bed, and fell into bed myself.  Cam slept... and slept... and slept some more... he didn't wake up till 7.15am this morning - BRILLIANT!!!

And then Ian took him into the lounge, and left me to sleep until 10am... bliss I tell you, pure bliss... I so needed that sleep...

The kids cam into me once I was awake, and proceeded to spoil me with 3 Jodi Picoult books and a Nail Care pack {which I think is a big hint to stop biting my nails}

I spent a few hours at my mum's house with the kids, while Ian stayed home and did the yard work, and all the washing :)

The day was finished off with a lovely roast dinner...

What a perfect Mothers Day

2 comments:

Mel said...

Ohhh that sounds lovely!!!! I'm glad you got your sleep in :)

A Life Less Complicated said...

ooh I thought you were going to have a moan haha so glad you got to sleep in and such a thoughtful present - biting your nails is bad!