April 19, 2010

sleep... sleep... where for art thou sleep...

Sleep is something that is pretty much missing from our lives at the moment... more mine than Ian's to be honest...

Cammy is not the worlds best sleeper at all... he used to be... but something changed sleep wise at the same time that his eating habits changed {see here for that story}and it's been an uphill battle ever since... Sometimes he sleeps and we think GREAT!! and he sleeps for 3 or 4 nights in a row and we think EXCELLENT then on the 5th, 6th, 7th or even 8th night, he starts waking again... 

Last night he woke at midnight... I had not long gone to bed... Ian went to pop him back down {which sometimes works} but that failed... Cam screamed and screamed and screamed... until after an hour of listening to it through the monitor {I never go back to sleep till Ian is back in bed} I got up to assist... so from 1 till 4.30am I tried everything to get him back to sleep... a bottle, rocking in the chair together, lying together on his couch... in the end I took him into our bed where he promptly fell asleep... YAY... the alarm went off at 6.30 am as per usual, and it was time to start my day SIGH

School started back today, so the routine had to get back, so I couldn't even grab another 30 mins sleep... but alais, I got through the day... Cammy slept till 8 so me and him were a bit late to Daycare and work, but I made it... I went to work... I came home, I made dinner, I went to St John {yes, the start of school term, heralds the start of St John Youth Division again} and now I am home, and relaxing...

I'm shattered, but I'm not ready for bed if that makes sense... think I'll have a nice cup of tea, and dream of sleep lol

3 comments:

Megan said...

well i'm feeling knackered just reading your post! that is one full on night and day! hope you get a better night sleep tonight. We had a rough night last night too with tummy bugs (funny how they always seen to start at night!) so hoping for a better night tonight too!
thanks for the follow and comment on my blog:)

PaisleyJade said...

I hope you have a better night tonight - I so know what you mean about feeling shattered but not ready for bed!

A Life Less Complicated said...

aww Leesh - did you manage to get a few more hours last night? I've been through stages like that with Elijah, then all of a sudden he's over them just as I'm starting to think he's going to be like that forever!

yep and I know how you feel when you're that tired but not ready for bed - need the wind down time!