April 25, 2010

Sandpit

according to the book "raising boys" every little boy needs a sandpit... Sandpits apparently encourage boys to use their imagination... and in the years I worked in early childhood, I think that this "fact" has been prooved to me...

We already had a perfect container for a Sandpit {we bought it at x-mas for Cam's swimming pool at the caravan} so off to bunnings I went to buy sand for it...

At bunnings, there is so much sand it's not funny... however there is only one bag that says "play sand" so I can only assume {lol} that this is the sand I need... it is sold in 18kgs bags for $10.98 per bag... hmmm how many bags does one need... I rung Ian to ask, and we decided to buy 4 bags, and if we needed more, we could always go back... sweet... done :)

Arrive home, and start putting sand in the "pit"... two bags later, and there is plenty of sand... so we put the other two bags downstairs in the store cupboard, knowing we will use them, as this sandpit, is only temporary while I search for a Clam Shell :)

Cam was asleep while all this was going on... and when he woke up, I took him outside, took the cover off the sandpit, and let him go hard... he was soooo  happy :)




3 comments:

A Life Less Complicated said...

that is one very cool sandpit! Elijah had one when he was younger but since moving back to Auckland I haven't bothered - he doesn't seem overly interested in the sandpit at kindy either

Renee said...

Fun!!! I love the pic of him being covered in sand...cute ;)

Cotton Kiwi said...

Hi That sandpit looks fantastic. We have a clam shell in the back yard and it gets very well used. We have to top up the sand regularly. It's amazing how it gets out of those shells! Thanks for stopping my blog and entering the giveaway and for your lovely comment. :o)