April 01, 2010

boots, boots, boots...

I don't know about the rest of the female population, but I find it extremely hard to find boots in my size {size 6} that also fit my calves {not the smallest in the world}... I have to go up a couple of sizes in boot, just to be able to put them on, but I love boots so much that I do this...

the only boots I actually own in the correct size are my docs! and they are 14 years old lol... and I don't think they are the right "boot" for work haha

I have also been struggling to find boots that I like... last winter, I went without boots as I couldnt' find any...

Today, I finished work early, and went to the Hannahs clearance store in Mt Wellington, as it's just down the road from work...

I found a pair of boots that I loved... and they were reduced from $99 to $49... so I decided to buy them... get up to the counter and the salesperson says "do you want to purchase a second pair of shoes or boots for 1/2 price?" I don't normally do that sort of thing, but I thought 'what the hell'... so I bought 2 indentical pairs of boots!!! lol....

My theory is - that when I destroy the first pair, I will automatically have a pair of boots, that I like, sitting in my wardrobe waiting for me... clever aye...? lmao

1 comment:

Jaki said...

Bloody good theory. I wish I had this kind of foresight. I spent a couple of hundred on mine with the theory that if a cheap crappy pair can last me wearing them everyday for a year then a lovely pair with proper craftsmanship should last me at least 5 :D

Jeans on the other hand... I have to go shopping for a pair tomorrow. Need some that don't fall down or have holes in them :O