April 27, 2010

Recipe: Banana Loaf

Cam is sick today, so while I am at home, and he is asleep I thought I would make a banana loaf... YUM...

So I got the recipe out of my trust Edmonds Cook Book

and I got out my trusty Tupperware Loaf Form - much like this one and off I went:
Banana Loaf

1 3/4 Cups Self Raising Flour
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1/4 Cup Milk
75 Grams butter - melted
1 Cup mashed banana {approx 3 bananas}

Sift flour, baking soda and salt into a bowl.  Mix in Sugar
In another bowl, beat eggs.  Stir in milk, butter and banana.
Mix quickly into dry ingredients, stirring in ingredients are just combined.
Spoon into a greased and lined 22cm loaf tin
Bake at 180oC for 45-55 minutes
Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack


1 comment:

Sarah Gauntlett said...

i have made this recipe before too and loved it. YUM!