March 30, 2010

Cameron






Cammy, while unplanned, was also very wanted, and very loved from the moment I knew he was there...

and in comparasson to Paris, my pregnancy with him was a breeze... minimal morning sickness, minimal lack of energy... completely new zest on life...

I grew very quickly with Cam, and at 17 weeks pregnant with him, I was the same size as when I delivered Paris, I wasn't complaining though... I LOVED my baby bump... {pics will come eventually}

So a very uneventful pregnancy, hit 40 weeks, and still continued lol... An appointment was made for me to see the doctors 40w 7d, to set an induction date... but I never made it to that appointment.

On Sunday 28th September 2008, I woke up in a foul mood... put on my nicotine patch {I was in the process of giving up smoking}, thew up, took patch off, yelled at everyone in the house... and went to my mums... I played with my niece all day and had a great day... My sister gave me a lovely foot massage, which I loved, then me, my mum and my sister went to the supermarket... at 5.30pm, in the middle of Pak'n'Save, I got my first real contraction... I had a couple more while I was there, but they lasted only seconds, and weren't in a regular pattern :)... I headed home, had dinner, put Paris to bed {Josh was at his mums}, and hopped into the bath... there everything became regular, and I informed Ian I was in labour {I didn't tell him about the earlier few contractions as I didn't want to Paris to know}... it was 10pm... I called the hospital and told them I was in labour, and wanted a water birth, they told me that a room with a pool would be available in 2hrs...I txt my bestie who lives in Waihi, and she called me, which took my mind off things... at 12pm, the 3 of us {me, bestie, and Ian} decided it was "time"... contractions were 5mns apart last 1min 30secs... so we called my sister to come babysit, called my mum and other sister to meet us at the hospital, called my bestie in Auckland to meet us there also... When my sister arrived to babysit, she thought I was gonna give birth on my kitchen floor lol

arrived at the hospital at 12.30, was checked and was 5cms, so the bath was run... and into the birthing pool I climbed... it was heaven... the midwife on duty was a trained accupressurist {sp} so she was able to bring on contractions by pressing a point, and take all pain away by pressing another point - YAY... she never checked me again, she was awesome {I had only met her that night} she just let my body do what it was naturally designed to do... at 1.59 I started pushing, at at 2.18am on Monday 29th September, Cameron was born, with no pain relief and in the water just as I had planned...

fast forward 18mths, and Cammy {as we affectionatly call him} is a bundle of joy and energy... he has personality to boot, and is destined to be the class clown :)

He goes to Daycare 5 days a week, from 8.30pm till 3.30pm and he loves it...

Paris and Cammy are pretty close too... he goes into her bedroom everyday morning and gets her to turn her stereo on then dances the morning away :)

the kids left a tub of tomato sauce at his level, and this is the result...

Cheeky!!!
trying to fit in his bouncer :)

No comments: