March 30, 2010

Paris










Paris is my miracle baby...

I was 19 and living in Melbourne when I fell pregnant with her, completely unplanned, I loved her from the moment I found out about her...
At 13 weeks, I heamorraged... the Dr's in Melbourne gave me an Anti-D injection, as I have a RH- blood type, they gave the injection more to stop the bleeding than to save the baby... the amount of blood I already lost, they figured there was no chance for her... I was sent for a scan the next morning, to confirm diagnose, and to see if a D&C was required... imagine the suprise on all of our faces when she was there on the screen, with a beating heart... yes, she was alive... Hence why I call her my miracle baby :)

My pregnancy was nothing short of awful... I couldn't stand the sight or smell of meat... I couldn't eat anything except toast... I lived on the stuff... I was sick all day, every day, all pregnancy... at 7mths I finally wanted to eat something other than toast - McDonalds Cheeseburgers, with mayo, and layered with chips of all things...

My waters broke at 1.30am on Monday 19th July 1999, 3 1/2 weeks early... contractions started pretty much straight away, but they wouldn't regulate at all... my midwife NEVER came to check me out... at 11pm I headed to the hospital, as I could take it no more... I was only 2cms dialated!!!! at 4am, I was given an epidural, not because I asked for one, but because they were talking c-section... I slept alot once the epidural was administered, and Paris' heart-rate remained regular and stable... at 12noon on Tuesday 20th July, I was still only 2cms :( ... the ball started to roll for a c-section... Paris' heart-rate was still good, so there wasn't much urgency, but it was gonna happen whether I liked it or not... at 1pm, I was fully prepped for my c-section... As they were wheeling me out the door, I made an all important announcement "I need to do a poo"... well they rushed me back in the room, the midwife checked me, and announced "you're fully dialated, you can start pushing now" {normally they wait for the epidural to wear, but because I was given the amount for a c-section, this would have taken anywhere between 4 and 8 hrs... so with absolutely no feeling at all, my midwife told me when to push, when to hold, when to breathe, when to stop pushing, and when to start the cycle all over again... Paris entered this world at 1.50pm, weighing 6lb 2oz, and she was perfect...

I loved her even more now that she was in my arms, and I knew from the moment I first laid on eyes on her, that I will live for her, kill for her, and die for her...
Fast forward nearly 11 years, and my darling baby, is still my darling baby... only she is nearly 11 years old... she is about to embark on the years, that will hopefully become her best memories when she becomes an adult :)

On her Motocross bike, which she saved up for and finally paid off in december. She aspires to be a 'krusty demon'... I think I need to get a life insurance policy for her lol


Having fun on the waterslide :)


Enjoying a "coffee"
at the carvan park

I will upload some pics of a "younger" Paris in time... for now, they are all stored on my EHD that I can't be bothered attaching :)

No comments: