July 20, 2010

My baby, No longer

Today is Paris's 11th birthday...

It still feels like just yesterday that I was holding my darling 6lb 2oz baby girl in my arms.  I can still remember her first word {mama}, her first tooth {4mths 2wks 4days, 2 at once}, her first solids {potato and gravy *oops* - bad mummy moment}, her first steps {9mths 3wks}...

of course there have been many firsts since then... first day of school, first wiggly tooth, first scraped knee, first hockey goal...

and there are many more firsts to come - some I'm excited about - first bra, first day of intermediate and highschool, and some I'm nervous as heck about - first period, first boyfriend, first broken heart...

parenting doesn't get easier as they get older... the problems and firsts just change...

*sigh*

love you my baby girl... wish I keep you this size forever... xx

No comments: