June 23, 2011

The last thing we wanted...

Axel and Cammy are both sick at the moment.... Cammy's started out as a Sinus Infection {he gets these a couple of times a year}, but is now also a Throat Infection... and Axel has a Throat Infection also...

Cammy is easy treated, Antibiotics straight away for him, and withing 24hrs he was back to his normal self...

Axel - however, is a different story...

You see, I've omitted to tell you all, that Axel has a Dialated Kidney... It was discovered at a pregnancy scan when I was 25 weeks... I was scanned a few more times after that, and each time, the dialation was still there.  As a result of this, he was prescribed antibiotics at birth... that he has to take for a year... he had a renal scan at 4 weeks old, and the dialation was still there {it can correct itself with hormones during birth and the following 1-2 weeks}... I don't know much about this condition... but I do know that, Axel is not allowed to get high temperatures... and if his temp raises, it's straight to dr's or A&E...

Last night, Axel started crying, a weird pained cry that we haven't heard before... he woke a few times during the night, each crying that weird pained cry... when we woke this morning, I thought he felt a bit warm... but silly me - my ear thermometer is broken and I don't have a back up, so I took him to my mums... her thermometer is at the caravan... and he felt hotter again by now... So I called the doctors, no appointments... asked to speak to a nurse, and it appears that when she entered Axel's name into the computer, a little box popped up explaining that he is an Urgent Patient, and must be seen whenever I ring :) bonus for us {gee I love my doctor}... so off we went to the docs... and sure enough, Axel was sporting a temp...

So now, no only does he have to take the antibiotic for his kidneys, he is also on another antibiotic for his Throat Infection AND Pamol every 3-4hrs for fever {and pain, cause his throat is clearly hurting him}... AND I've not yet mentioned that he has REFLUX so is on Omeprazole also... thats 4 meds daily I am having to pump into him at the moment... :(

And the little mite just takes it all... he hates the Omeprazole... loves the Amoxicillin {which is the AB for his Throat}... the Cefaclor for his kidneys, he is used to, and just takes without a fuss... and he is getting used to the thickness of the Pamol... bless him...

1 comment:

Time Flies said...

Awww poor wee boys...and poor little axel with all those antibiotics, but good boy for making mummys job a little eaiser and taking them:)