June 03, 2011

What have I got myself into...?

I am insane... I'm sure of it...

Axel has just gone 9 weeks old, and I am looking after a 6mth old girl for 6-7 weeks while her mum returns to work temporarily... normally this sort of work is right up my alley... but normally I wouldn't have two babies at the same time... I could NEVER have coped with Twins... and take my hat off to anyone who does have them...

The problem is, is that this darling little girl is breastfed and flat out REFUSES to take the bottle.. which is causing, me and her mum both some stress... she has breakfast and then refuses to eat anything else during the day also... so come 2pm-ish she is a mess... she is hungry, and wont take anything... by the time her dad picks her up at 5.30ish she is a right-off... and to be honest, so am I...

I have yet to make a single dinner since taking on this job... I'm too busy during the day, and too stressed by evening... I just want to crawl under a rock by the time Ian gets home from work...

I'm not even sure I have the strength to continue looking after her for the rest of the time... *sigh* what to do, what to do...

1 comment:

Renee said...

Leesh - that sounds like a complete nightmare!!! Do you think she's smelling your milk and thinks that you're holding out on her in the boobie department because she can smell you?

You poor thing, how stressful.