September 23, 2011

Party Planning...

Cam's party is 2 days away... it's cake making day!!

I have a slight delima over the cake, which I'm sure I'll figure out lol

I was originally making a round cake with black and white checked edible icing around the side, and a black racing track on top.... Then I changed my mind and was making a rectangle cake with the same checks on the side and a #3 shaped racetrack on top...  the problem I now have is that I don't have enough of the edible icing for the side... now I have a cake shop about 20mins away that has black and white checked cake ribbon available. So I'm trying to decide what to do - stick with the round cake, or head on out to get the ribbon to make the rectangle cake.... OR - flag the sides, shape the rectangle cake into a #3

I'll let you know how I get on...

I am making traffic light jelly in clear plastic cups.  The green jelly has gone into the cups this morning, and is setting nicely... nearly time to make the orange jelly...
{excuse my messy fridge - I had to shift everything to make room for the jelly cups}

And now it's time to start making the cupcakes and the loot bags :) be back later with more photos 

1 comment:

Time Flies said...

oo just saw this post hope the party was a blast and cant wait to see the party photos