August 31, 2011

Worst Day - Ever

Today has been a totally horrific day... One I do not want to repeat... infact, I'd like to stop today, rewind, and do-over... if only it were that simple...

Things started off pretty well... as they do... but then... take 1 nearly 3yr old who woke at 5.15am, add 1 swimming lesson... and there you have it... the begining of the end of my day...

We arrived at swimming, and I went to the front desk to pay... Cam saw the chocolate fish on the counter and started demanding one {he didn't get one btw}, then we went to get changed, he cried about the damn chocolate fish the whole time I was getting him changed... now time for the lesson... he wouldn't do a thing. Not. One. Single. Thing. ... no matter how nice the teacher asked him, begged him, bribed him... Not. One. Single. Thing.  Until I finally had to enter the water, with Axel in tow.  Then and only then would he do anything, and only a little bit of anything... like - just a couple of kicks. literally. And then, just like that - lesson over...

I decided, that because I'd dragged Axel into the water, that we would stay in for just a bit, more for Axel than Cam - to be honest, Cam didn't deserve to stay in, but I was there myself, and Axel loves the water too. after about 15mins of playing nicely in the pool, Cam took off... I jumped up to follow him {still carrying Axel} but I was not quick enough... he ran right into the main Adult Pool... Yup - right in... over his head in... then he hoped out, he was out by the time I caught him.  Not a lifeguard in sight at that end of the pool... but 3 of them at the other end. talking. to each other.

I drag Cam over to the pushchair, wrap him in a towel, explain to him that we are going home because he did that, and that he needs to listen to mummy.  wrangle him and the pushchair {with Axel in it} to the changing rooms... the whole time he is screaming at me to go in the water... Axel is screaming at me also - I presume he's pretty pissed to be pulled out of the water for no reason...

Cam screamed the whole time while I was dressing myself, Axel and him.  He screamed all the way to the car.  by this stage I do NOT want to go home.  I need time to regroup my thoughts.

Cue McDonalds... YUP I wanted needed a Kiwiburger. combo. large. haha

Cam continues to play up at McDonalds, jumping from one chair to the other... I continually ask him to stop.  Put him into time out 3 times, just before I can put him into time out for the 4th time, BANG, CRACK!!! you guessed it, he didn't make the jump, and his head has taken the full brunt of the fall... MASSIVE egg!!! on his head!!! MASSIVE!!!!

Two McDonalds staff members laugh. you read that right. they laughed. laughed! WTF- they laughed at my now SCREAMING nearly 3yr old... as if it was some kind of cool funny joke, that he was hurt.  Luckily a little old lady {gotta love them} took Axel from me, put him in the pushchair, and helped me to the doctors {which, conveniently, were located in the mall}... Where we were examined pretty quickly.  Mild concussion. No Shit!

That was it... off home... still undecided as to whether we will EVER go to the pools again... or McDonalds for that matter... but alive. JUST

No comments: