May 21, 2013

Firewood

Well the colder days and nights are upon us, and so it was time once again, to order the firewood... We got 3m3 delivered... The job I hate the most is stacking it all somewhere dry {in our case, the new house came with a wood sheed WAHOOOOOO}... so I did what any parent who doesn't want to do a certain job does - I offered money to the teen to do it instead...

Paris - not so keen, and had a hockey game so didn't even want to start with the helping
Josh - jumped at the chance to earn some extra dosh

Now, although I love my kids, they don't normally stack wood in a very tidy fashioned, so I wasn't expecting much when I said to Josh "it would be great if you could stack some up on this side, and some of that side and leave a path in the middle"

I left him to it while I took Paris to her hockey game... it took him 3 hrs, but he completed the job and I was happy to hand over some cash...

This morning, I headed outside to get some wood from the wood shed, opened the door, and just about died from shock...



I am in heaven... finally a wood shed I won't actually mind having to collect wood from...

No comments: