January 28, 2011

Review: Womama Birthing Wrap - Part 1P

PREGNANCY:

When Sarah at Kiwi Mummy Blogs put out a call for pregnant women to review the Womama Birthing Wrap, I was quick to put my hand up to do the job.  Why?? Because all through my pregnancy with Cam, I dreamed of owning such a lovely item of clothing.  I wanted to buy one, I really did, but Ian put his foot down {men!!} 

So I emailed Sarah back, and said I would be keen.  And yay for me, because I was choosen as one of two preggy mumma's to review the product.

If you don't know what the Womama Birthing Wrap is, head over to here and see for yourself what I am on about.

Right time for the review... this review will actually be in 3 parts - Pregnancy, Birth, and Post Baby... because as per the blurb on the website there is no limit to how you can use this beautiful wrap.

When my wrap arrived in the post at work, I was so excited I didn't even wait till I got home to open it, and the first thing I noticed was how lovely and soft the fabric was to touch.  It's hard to find garments that feel so nice to touch.  And then I just had to wait for the perfect opportunity to wear it...

Friday night came about, and we had a function at work, so that seemed perfect to me, I popped it on, with a lovely coloured top underneath and a pair of leggings, to make it suit the occasion, and boy oh boy the comments I got that night were awesome!! Here are just a couple out of about 10:
  • What a flattering piece of clothing, it really suits you
  • Where did you get that beautiful dress from?
I felt like a million dollars, which lets face it, it's hard to feel glam while pregnant...

The next time I wore this wrap was a few weeks ago at the caravan.  Now I've been struggling up at the caravan with the heat, and trying to find lovely items of clothing that are going to work for the summer sun, and the beach... YUP you guess it - the Womama Birthing Wrap fit the bill again... I popped it on in the morning, with my bikini underneath as I knew we would be going to the beach that day due to the temperature being 25oC at 10am!!  It was lovely and cool to wear, felt good against my skin, and made me feel like a normal person {not a beach whale unable to cope with the heat}  Some of the comments I recieved that day were:
  • Wow - that dress is awesome
  • You look great today
  • what a great wrap for the beach
  • stunning
The other time I have worn it so far, is on those hot summer nights... it's been a bit too hot to wear PJ's but sleeping in a caravan at the camping ground means you need something quick and easy beside the bed to throw on in the middle of night when you need to make that walk up to the ladies room {and being pregnant, meant that happened sometimes 2 or 3 or 4 times a night}

So as you can see, the Womama Birthing Wrap is an extremely versatile item of clothing... and I haven't even given birth yet :)

Thanks so much to Womama and Kiwi Mummy Blogs for this review opportunity.

Keep your eyes peeled in March/April for the Birthing review.

Oh and here is a picture - not a great one mind you, but a picture all the same:

2 comments:

mealzrox88 said...

oh I saw these in the shop at this gorgeous botique we used to have in my suburb (Earthquake ate it though!) and though they looked so great it's on my must have list for 'next time'.

I'm glad to hear they are as good as they look!

Angela said...

Oooooo...great review! (I'm the other pregnant, reviewing mama! ;) )