June 08, 2012

Baby Wearing...

I'm not sure if I've mentioned on here of not, but I'm a fan of baby wearing... I love holding my baby's close to my heart...

12yrs ago, I didn't know about Baby Wearing as such other than front packs, so thats what I had... Paris was in a front pack from day, then a back pack from about 9mths... We still utilised the front back till she was around 15mths...

With Cam, I knew I wanted a sling of some sort... I had a front pack, and loved it, but wanted something else also... when he was 6mths old, I went to the parent and child show, and trialled a couple of slings... he hated every single one of them... screamed the pavilion down... this left me feeling down-heartened... back to only the front pack it was for him...

With Axel... I was more pro-active... I bought a wrap before he was even born, and wore popped him in at least once a day from the day we came home from birthcare...





The wrap made my life so easy.... I kept it in my bag all the time, and used it sooooo much...

But now Axel is 14mths old, and not so into being held so close to me all the time, he prefers to face outwards, but that is no good if he falls asleep... AND because a wrap is stretchy I no longer feel comfortable using it, as he is too heavy and moves around so much, that it stretches while he is in, and I end up not being hands free at all, as I am sort of holding him into place...

So, I started looking on a trade me for a sling, so I could, if nothing else, carry Axel on my hip AND be hands free... I had a budget though, as we are saving all our penny's for the wedding... not much you can get even second hand for $20 or less though...

And then... by some sheer miracle... The Sleep Store had a sale... and these totally awesome Bubzilla Slings were reduced to clear... from $99 to $15!!! WAHOO!! I snapped one up immediately... It arrived yesterday, and me and Axel have already played around with it... he likes it, I like it... I'm happy

Obviously these are not pics of me lol... I just stole these off the internet to show you examples of how the sling can be worn/used

No comments: